ISO 26000 is a Model - Guide for the organization, management and promotion of Social Responsibility in an Organization in order to contribute to Sustainable Development. The Standard promotes a variety of principles that briefly include:
- Policies for human rights, equal opportunities, etc.
- Environmental management planning & actions,
- Promotion of Health & Safety at Work,
- Anti-corruption controls (eg bribery),
- Operation based on International standards (eg ISO, ILO, etc.)
- Transparency and Communication with all stakeholders, etc.
ISO 26000, as stated in its introduction, was not created for certification purposes. Compliance with the standard is demonstrated through the implementation and communication of Policies, Procedures and controls.